Friday, September 1, 2006

057. Hobo Cart

Some other time, I'll go back and fill in those empty days. My week was long and tiring. I have work again tomorrow. But today Catherine and me went to Target and found a nice futon for $50. The trouble was: we had no way to get it home. So, we ran around to U-haul, Home Depot, and wherever else we could think of to try to rent a truck, but you needed a reservation. Finally, I called a cab and we took the box apart so it fit in the trunk and got it home. Then I sat down and set it up. I hope that means when we go separate ways, it's mine. I don't want to go to work tomorrow. Blegh. Last night Catherine and I couldn't sleep, so we looked on craigslist for free stuff. We found a few listings that were about a mile away (we didn't realize that at the time, of course, we thought it was a few blocks). So, three-o-clock in the morning, we went dumpster diving. We found a hobo's shopping cart and pushed it the mile to the houses where the free stuff was. We found nice rugs for our room (palm trees and monkeys!) and Catherine found a good wood chair to use for her desk. Then, I found a bag of almost brand-new shoes all in Catherine's size. It was awesome. We abandoned the hobo cart and carried the rugs and everything home to wash them. This morning we washed the house like whoa. Our rooms look amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment