Wednesday, July 26, 2006

019. Doctor, Doctor

Callie needed to go to the hospital last night. She's fine now, drugged up on the couch. Around five in the morning, she knocks on my door and scares me out of sleep. At first, I thought she was a man, and I was mumbling something about, "What are you doing?" as I tried to cover up my panties (and a good thing I wore them last night, too). When I realized it was her, I finally heard her say, "Leighann, can you take me to the hospital?" My mind clicked there, and I put on my jeans and searched for my stuff. Callie called a cab and I sat with her on the porch. We went to the hospital, and she was the only one there for a long time. They hooked her up to an IV and did whatever doctors do in the ER (Unfortunately, there was no doctor House, nor a doctor McDreamy. There was, however, a cute intern at the front desk.). I read about how to cut down your costs at the grocery, compliments of the May issue of Women's Day. They let me go sit with her in the room, and I think I must have fallen asleep, because I woke up and ther was a doctor and he shook my hand ("Wa…I'm just the housemate…?"). He wrote Callie some prescriptions, vaguely told her to get a follow-up, and sent us both away. Politely. We got home at around 8:30, I called work and told them I wouldn't be coming in today, and then I went back to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, thanks for the note! I've added you to my friends list, too. Hope you enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete